Actualizado: 26 de sep de 2018
A nice report from Nirav Gokani has once again highlighted the growth expectations of high-flow nasal cannula therapy. The main concepts expressed in the article are very interesting:
· As Nirav Gokani says in his article, of all of the players in this market, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited has appeared as the leader of the market for high-flow nasal cannula in the year 2016.
· This market research report estimates that the world market for high-flow nasal cannula is set to rise at a double digit growth rate of 11.8% CAGR. The growth rate is for the forecast period that extends from the year 2017 to 2025 and obtains a market valuation of US$9.08 bn by the end of forecast year, at 2025 rising from a market valuation of US$3.42 bn in the year 2016.
· The international market for high-flow nasal cannula is prognosticated to be bolstered mostly by the increasing preference of heated humidified high-flow nasal cannulas and soaring occurrences of respiratory disorders. Another growth promoting element that could prove advantageous for the said market is the augmented investments in the department of research and development by several market players. It is an effort to emerge with much improved products by making optimum use of advanced technologies. This enables the companies to diversify their product portfolio and obtain an edge over their rivals.
· The market for high-flow nasal cannula, has been segmented into various categories. Of those categories, the division of active humidifier accounted for maximum market share in the year 2016. It was followed by the category of air/oxygen blender. In the forthcoming years, it is forecasted that active humidifiers category would continue with their market dominance at the backdrop of relentless innovations in and diversification of humidifiers by many of the health care solution providers and manufacturers so as to improve upon their product effectiveness.
· From the regional point of view, in the present market scenario, North America accounts for most of the market share in the world market for global high-flow nasal cannula. The regional dominance of North America is owing to significant rise in the number of patients who have been suffering from diseases associated with respiratory system. Apart from that, other growth promoting factors such as increased health awareness, supportive reimbursement policies and healthcare systems, and affordability are also proving beneficial for the market. North America is followed by Europe. However, it has been forecasted that Asia Pacific would register a very high growth rate with a CAGR of 11.7% over the period of forecast. This is owing to its enhanced healthcare system with better policies in place, favourable demographics, and sound economic growth.
In summary, the forecasts on the expansion of high flow nasal cannula therapy show us an unstoppable trend in the coming years. The high flow has come to stay.